Friday, April 17, 2009

On the road with my Brownie cowgirls

I am heading out to a dude ranch with my Brownie troop and four other moms in an hour or so. Should be interesting -- and fun, I hope. Horseback riding, indoor swimming, hiking, shuffleboard, all on the shores of beautiful Lake George. And the weather today is absolutely perfect.

Of course, I'm not a complete optimist, so I'm also packing ear plugs, my iPod Nano and an eye mask. I'm not kidding. I've been camping with these girls before and I know their quirks -- the one who talks or cries all night, the one who never turns off the light, the one who has to go to the bathroom at 2 a.m. in the middle of the woods where the outhouses are out of order (don't even ask me how that's possible). So I am prepared, although this location should be like a luxury resort compared to our last outing.

Olivia is so excited for this mom-daughter weekend away. She's been looking forward to it since we first mentioned the possibility back in September. I'll let you now how it goes when we return late tomorrow.

No comments: