Wednesday, September 2, 2009

An unofficial hiatus

Obviously, considering I haven't posted in more than a week, Not Strictly Spiritual is on a brief hiatus. I just can't keep up with the work deadlines, kids at home (still) and other general responsibilities. I'll be back (I hope) soon. Maybe next week. There's a chance I won't be back at all (or at least the blog won't be back), but you'll be the first to know if I decide to pull the plug on this thing. It's been a struggle these past months to keep all the balls in the air at once. Thanks for your patience.

4 comments:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Mary, I'm glad you popped in with an explanation. I've missed you. If my opinion matters at all, I think your writing is beautiful and heartfelt. Whether you decide to go ahead with the blog or stop it and focus on other writing and obligations, I hope you'll let us know how to keep up with you. You definitely have a wonderful gift and it ought to be shared! But I certainly understand the need to cut back. I've scaled back, too, and have found my MWF schedule (give or take) helps me stay focused and gives me an anticipated break in between posts. There have been many benefits. Maybe some sort of schedule might work for you too. I typically thrive in a looser fashion but sometimes, it does work to have a plan.
Blessings,
Roxane

Anonymous said...

Seconding Roxane. If you can't post regularly, do so when you can. Blessings! FMM

Anonymous said...

Another vote for: I hope you'll be back.

Mary DeTurris Poust said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. I really love writing the Not Strictly Spiritual blog. I have just found it difficult lately with my other blog responsibilities over at OSV Daily Take and with book revisions and other projects. Right now I'm planning to be back here, maybe as Roxane suggested on a limited schedule. I think I'll have a better idea in a few days when the kids are back in school and I have a sense of what my schedule will be like. Peace, love, blessings. Mary