Now, having read this great interview with Joyce by Mike Leach of Why Stay Catholic, I'm inspired to begin my journey through Joyce's "Door." He asks her 21 questions about her faith journey, her work and her hope for the Church and the world. What a great way to get to know someone. Here's the first few questions and answers to start you off, with a link to Mike's page for the rest:
Click HERE to read the rest at Why Stay Catholic.
1. Joyce, how are you an average Catholic?
I was certainly an average Catholic back in the 1950’s, when I was living on a farm in northwest Iowa. One of eight children, baptized in a small rural Catholic church, I attended a parochial elementary and high school. Today I live with more questions than answers when it comes to Catholicism. Perhaps that still makes me an average Catholic.
2. What is your favorite word?
3. What is your least favorite word?
I don’t have a least favorite. I find words intriguing.
4. What sound or noise do you love?
Listening to softly falling rain on foliage
5. What sound or noise do you hate?
Motorcycles coming down my street in the middle of the night
6. What is your favorite book?
The Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
7. Do you have a particular Catholic role model?