Thursday, April 16, 2009

An unexpected gift on a Thursday afternoon

My brother just sent me this YouTube link. Maybe you've already seen it or heard about it, but I had to share it. I just watched it twice, the first time in amazement, the second time with tears in my eyes because it made me sad to think of someone with such a powerful and amazing voice going unnoticed because she doesn't fit the world's version of superstar. When you see the reaction of the crowd before she begins to sing, that fact becomes all too clear.

Thanks, Fred, for sending this one to me. For some reason, embedding has been turned off on YouTube for this video, so you'll need to click HERE instead.

1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Mary, this clip is making its way around the web quite rapidly, and you hit the nail on the head with the reason why. Think of all of the unseen, unheard talent out there that has gone unnoticed because of the "imperfect" shell. It's a true reminder that our beauty and gifts come from the inside first, and also, how blinded we are. I think that's what struck the nerve -- how much beauty have we failed to see because of our blindness?