Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Archbishop Dolan and me


I was thrilled to get a chance to present my new book, "The Essential Guide to Catholic Prayer and the Mass," to Archbishop Timothy Dolan today, when he was in town for the New York State Catholic Conference's annual Public Policy Day. Here we are just before Mass at the beautiful and newly refurbished Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception in Albany.

Archbishop Dolan has kindly endorsed my book:

"In her engaging new book, Mary DeTurris Poust lovingly walks us through many of the Church’s rich and diverse traditions of prayer, breathing new life into ancient, beloved devotions, and pointing the way toward more modern methods of prayer as well."

You can read his full endorsement in my earlier post HERE. He has also invited me to be a guest on his radio show again, so I'll let you know as soon as I have a date for that.

From the recessional procession at Mass today:


A glimpse of one of the amazing Stations of the Cross at the cathedral:


For more on the day's event, including the archbishop's message about faith in the public square, see my post at OSV Daily Take by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Mary, what an exciting experience for you. I love the stations you shared too. Beautiful!

Have a blessed Lent!