Thursday, September 11, 2008

It's all in how you look at things...

September is one of those crazy months for parents with multiple school-aged children. Between back-to-school nights and picnics and practices, the calendar is typically full to overflowing. That's pretty much how this week is for us. Last night Olivia had soccer practice, Chiara had her preschool family picnic, and Dennis had a school board meeting. Tonight is no better. Dennis has a doctor's appointment and a commitment to help with our school's new preschool bathroom, and Noah has a scout meeting that requires a parent in attendance because it will include details on two, count 'em, two, upcoming camping trips.

So...I will go to the scout meeting with the two girls in tow. Yesterday I told Olivia that she will need to play with "the baby" while I listen to the scout leader and jot down notes. Chiara overheard all this and chimed in, "I want to play with the baby." I looked at her and said, "You ARE the baby."

It's interesting to see how different the same life can look depending on where you're standing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so with you on this!! And my Erin keeps wondering who the baby that I talk about is also! "Me a big girl!" is her favorite statement these days.

Anonymous said...

And unfortunately, my "baby" constantly reminds me that he's not a baby anymore! My how time flies!