Monday, October 22, 2012

Manic Monday: Here, there, and everywhere

If you follow me on Facebook, you know that I've been showing up on various blogs, on various topics, in various places these days. It's all good, although I feel pulled in a dozen directions. I thought I'd post links to my posts in case something strikes your fancy. Here we go...

Yesterday I was posting at Catholic Parent Network, a new website that serves up suggestions for parents trying to instill the faith in their children. I love the website's subtitle: "Making sure the apple stays close to the tree."

You'll find my post under "Building Blocks: Helping Children Understand Prayer." Click HERE to read that story, but be sure to check out the rest of CPN's offerings, including posts on Catholic apps, countering the culture, raising big families, and specific prayers for the season. CPN also has a Facebook page, so stop by and "like" it when you get a chance.

I'll be posting on CPN now and then, so check back often for other stories on Catholic parenting and more.

Last week, I also made an appearance at Catholic Moms Talk, a new blog featuring Catholic moms and the catechism. It's a special effort as part of the Year of Faith, and I'm honored to be included among a great group of Catholic writing moms. I talked about my experience with the catechism, how it influenced my own faith life, and how I use it in my family and faith formation classes. Click HERE to read "A Catechism on Every Shelf." I'll be over at CMT on a frequent basis throughout the Year of Faith.

And, if you missed my Huffington Post piece to kick off the Year of Faith, click HERE to read "It's Not Your Grandmother's Catechism." I'll be back over at HuffPo next month with a piece to help you navigate the chaotic holiday season, so stay tuned for that. 

Just a reminder: If you are on Facebook, click HERE and "like" my author page. If you are on Twitter, follow me at MaryDTP.

Finally, I will be disabling my "Networked Blogs" feature on Facebook, so if you read the blog through that portal, please be sure to become a "fan" of my author page so you don't miss any blog posts. For those of you who have emailed me to tell me you can't leave comments, that's a Networked Blogs issue, so this will rectify that. As long as you continue to come back through my regular blog address.

More big news to come about new books, new ventures, new speaking engagements, so check back early and often. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Fran said...

Whoooooooooosh! It is the sound of Mary DeTurris Poust, whizzing by at the speed of light, I mean Light!

Mary DeTurris Poust said...

Hi Fran,

I'm whoooooshing, but I'm not sure I'm getting anywhere. :-)