Saturday, July 4, 2009

Corn on the cob, DeTurris style



When I was young, I thought everyone ate corn on the cob this way. Then a friend came for a visit and looked at us as if we had lost our minds. I don't care. I still think it's the best way to butter corn on the cob.

Place corn in a piece of aluminum foil. Add some butter and salt. Roll or twist corn in foil. Voila! Perfectly buttered and salted corn. Yum. And no mess. Go get you some. That's whole wheat couscous and sauteed peppers, onions and mushrooms on the side. The corn was from the Catskills, and it was quite tasty for so early in the year.

2 comments:

Lisa - Garden Gate Quilting said...

Sounds like a good idea...my favorite was in the movie "War Games". They took a piece of bread, buttered it and then rolled the corn in the piece of bread - two birds, one stone!

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Alright, you've got me salivating here. I love corn on the cob, but had never considered this way of making it all work. Thanks for the slick idea!