Monday, September 6, 2010

Rome: University and More, Day Three


It's been a whirlwind of a day. Can't post much. Early day tomorrow. But here are a few quick shots of today's events. I won't include classroom shots even though that's where I spent most of my day today. (BTW, the shot above is looking toward Piazza Navona from the university.)

Here I am on the roof of the Pontifical University of Holy Cross with St. Peter's in the background. We head there at 8 a.m. tomorrow. Finally, I get to the Vatican!


Talk about handicap parking...


A bunch of us hoofed it all the way from the university to the Bocca della Verita so we could stick our arm in it's mouth and see if we are truthful. (If not, legend has it, your arm will be snapped off.) I wanted a photo a la Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, but the gates were locked when we got there. So the only thing I got to stick my hand through was the iron gate to get this photo.


We came upon the Teatro di Marcello as we made our way back toward Campo di'Fiori. Beautiful. And they were just getting ready to hold a concert there.


And here's a shot of the famous Fontana della Tartarughe. It's got lots of little turtles being lifted up into the top of it. Too dark to see here, probably. Trust me. It's nice.

1 comment:

Victor said...

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the pictured and your comments. Obviously I can't be there in body but my wife just gave me a bottle of her red wine so my spirit might be doing a little touring sort of speak. Go Figure!:)

Peace