Monday, August 8, 2011

Manic Monday: I wish it were Sunday


Here we are at the start of another week. It's just another Manic Monday...

Soundtrack: Perfect for a Manic Monday, two songs on opposite ends of the emotional spectrum: Good Life by One Republic and Let the Waters Rise by Mikeschair. The latter is a Christian song that I first heard when my Cornerstone sister Lenore used it at our retreat. I just love it, and sometimes it's a perfect fit for my mood, my day, my journey. I've posted it on NSS before. If you'd like to listen, click HERE.

Bookshelf: Still working my way through The Artist's Way: A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity. I've got a couple of weeks to go. I'm hanging in there with my daily Morning Pages, and it's finally starting to become a habit. A good one.

But...I just got a copy of The Artist's Rule: Nurturing Your Creative Soul with Monastic Wisdom and, after reading the introduction, I can't wait to start this one. I've decided to do it right, however. So I'm waiting until I finish the first 12-week book before I dig into the next 12-week book.

I can think of several NSS reader friends who might like this book, so if you're in the Delmar area and want to get a copy and join me on this journey starting in September, email me and we can get a group thing going. Wouldn't that be fun?

Blogworthy: Related to the Artist's Rule, check out author Christine Valter Paintner's blog and website, Abbey of the Arts, by clicking HERE.

Quotables: "What other people think of me is none of my business." - Dr. Wayne Dyer (Oh, to be able to believe and live that one.)

Appointment book: We've got quite the full slate this week with Noah away at Boy Scout camp, Olivia heading to archery camp, and Chiara taking a camp called Walking the Native American Path. Add in a visit from a friend, family night at Boy Scout camp and two birthday parties on top of everything else and you've got one busy summer week.

Viewfinder: Here are a few scenes from the past week...

Vicky, an unbelievably beautiful chestnut mare at Krumkill Stables where Olivia was attending horseback riding camp. There were lots of horses there, but I only had eyes for this one. She looked right through me, like she was peering into my soul.

Check out this wonder of nature. A family of dirt daubers has taken up residence next to our front door. They finished the fourth tube of the nest yesterday. It's so beautiful I don't have the heart to get rid of it.


Things that make you go hmmm...You probably can't read the sign unless you click on the photo to enlarge, but it says: "Construction vehicle. Do not follow." Not "do not follow within 50 feet" or "do not follow too closely," just "do not follow." Well, since it cut me off, I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do. Turn around and go home? Turn right just for the heck of it.? Stop? So I did the next logical thing, I followed and took pictures.


2 comments:

Dennis from the Bronx said...

Father Berberian built a homily around the "Construction vehicle. Do not follow" sign once.

Mary DeTurris Poust said...

You're right. Although I couldn't remember the homily, as soon as I saw the sign I remembered he had used it as a jumping off point for preaching.