Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The story of a miracle

Although I've never had the opportunity to travel to the Marian Shrine at Lourdes, it has a special place in my heart. The story of St. Bernadette Soubirous, whose visions of the Blessed Mother in 1858 and the subsequent healing waters that she uncovered draw some 5 million pilgrims each year, was my favorite of the saints' stories I read before bed each night when I was young. So much so that no other name but Bernadette would do when it came time for my Confirmation.

So I think sharing any Lourdes story is worth the time, but the one I want to share with you now is especially poignant. Posted on Fathers For Good, it is written by Brian Caulfield, whom I have known since my days as managing editor at Catholic New York in the early '90s. He and his wife his took their son to Lourdes and experienced one of the miracles so many of the pilgrims hope and pray for. Read his moving account by clicking HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, Mary.
FMM