Friday, February 6, 2009

The view from death row

I wanted to post this a couple of days ago, but things happen and courses shift and so I had to put it off. I did not, however, want to miss posting it at all because it's just too good. I was tooling around the blogosphere recently and happened upon a reflection at Conversion Diary that was so profound and so moving that I had to go back and read it again. Click HERE to read about one Catholic mom's realization that she and a former death row inmate shared a common bond. So worth your time. Check it out.

1 comment:

Roxane B. Salonen said...

Mary, thank you so much for sharing this link! What a treasure to find this blog. And her post on death row reminded me so much of what Teresa Tomeo said to us just yesterday. She described her days of not living her faith as a sort of spiritual death or dying. So I've been thinking a lot about this, having just heard from her. This only affirms all the more that without our lives in Christ, the reason for our existence simply falls to the wind and dissipates. Good stuff here and again, thanks for pointing it out.